Friday, April 30

Two Weeks

Two weeks from now I will be going over last minute tasks for my trip. Now keep in mind that this is not limited to solely my trip. I will make sure that husband/kids are prepared. This means clothes, pet food, packing for kids part of trip, and scrubbing. Lots of scrubbing. I am going to be a wreck for the next few days. Not to mention graduation and family time. It's all going to be worth it, right?

Up side? I had my phone interview as part of the final phase of the admission process for the PhD program and I think I'm in. I mean, when they say: you should receive an acceptance letter in 2/3 weeks, that's good, right? I was even told when orientation will be. But, I will not toast to myself until I have that peice of paper in my hands. I refuse to eat my words. However, if anyone has any suggestions on dissertation topics, please, indulge me. I will be happy to entertain the IDEA that I was accepted.

I will let you know. Rob may be reading the letter to me over the phone.

Another plus? Everyone has been so suppotive of this trip. I have gotten tips and supplies that will surely keep me safe and entertained! So, if you see a girl with three travel guides, a colorful (and dare I say, blinding-yet beautiful) umbrella, a glow in the dark key/$ holder, and a fanny pack: watch out! But in all seriousness, I am grateful for any concern or interest in this endeavor, I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment