Saturday, July 3

Cliffs of Moher Yesterday + Giants Causeway and Derry Tomorrow = Slow Day Today

Today was a bit of a down day for Robert and I. I got up early for my run and for the first time.....I think ever, Robert didn't even know I had left. He was a tired boy. So, we got out just before lunch. I had not been inside St. Patrick's Cathedral, so we decided to head over there today. St. Pat's is more elaborate than Christchruch, although not as big.  The floors were my favorite part of the church. I was on a mission when I arrived, because Jonathan Swift is buried in the church and I wanted to find him. We did as we were about to walk out the doors. I think he has been the most well-known burial site we have seen thus far. St. Audoen's is still my favorite.

We decided to take in lunch somewhere before we headed back to the apartment and what better place than The Brazen Head--the oldest pub in Ireland. It was established in 1198 and was serving alcohol before official licensing law were intact. Robert was the one that enjoyed a beverage there. Since it looked like a fun place to set up camp for an afternoon of drinking, I opted out of a drink--because I would still be there. Even though it is only a block away from us, tomorrow's trip would have been really tough with a hangover. After lunch was a perfect time for a nap. I was desperately needed, we have an early morning.

Like I said, tomorrow Giant's Causeway and Derry in Northern Ireland. The final piece in my four corners of Ireland. It has to be done....

2 comments:

  1. SO glad the blogs are back--pictures are incredible! This is truly an unbelievable experience for the two of you. You are so wise not to leave out anything! Then the bonus of your kids being there---just couldn't get better! Have fun--Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join you at the Brazen Head. Keep the fun up. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete