Thursday, May 20

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" or here: A journey of at thousand miles begins with a thousand steps

Where do I begin with today? It has been a long one, that is certain. It began early in the a.m, 5:30, to be exact. But the sun was already up, so it did not seem that early at the time. I went with Colum to the airport to gather up some students that are attending the summer program. Tomorrow will be more of the same. I am excited though, I have met a few more great people today.

We did a lot more walking today. I have to say, I have never walked so much in my life, but it doesn't matter it is all a part of it and you get to see things you would never see zipping by in a taxi. We walked by St. Patrick's Cathedral, The General Post Office, Custom House, and the Spire..to name a few. What is funny about Dublin is that I have walked some of the same streets a few times and it looks different each time. But, I am getting better about getting around. Bec has taken control of the map, therefore I have had to rely on her to get anywhere and what I have learned is not to take over when she is in charge. However, today she thrust the map at me and said, "okay, you get us back to the apartment". Fine. I think she was surprised that I could read a map; as I got us back safe, sound, and within  a reasonable time. Perhaps I will survive this little adventure.

We had lunch with Colum at Trinity College. After a brief/emotional phone call to home (it was great to hear those voices), it was actually quite nice to sit and watch the people go by. However, my time crunch mentality started to kick in and I was getting antsy after 30 minutes. I am used to being on a schedule all the time, but I think this experience will teach me to slow down a bit from time to time. It will be alright if I do. Or it'll be grand, as the Irish say (or so I have been told...). 

I am sorry to say that I do not have any pictures. I brought my camera, but alas, I left my memory card in the computer. I knew that was going to happen at least once, but it is safely back in my camera for tomorrow. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment