Monday, May 17

Updates!

Graduation went off without  a hitch. Thankfully, since the last time I crossed that stage, the university has taken out the ridiculously steep steps and replaced them with a ramp. So, I didn't not have to be as cautious as I had originally anticipated. My cheering section was grand. As I crossed the stage, several of the university dignitaries commented on their enthusiasm. I am truly blessed.

We came home to another great surprise: Robert pulled out an acceptance letter that was waiting in the mailbox. If I choose, I can be a part of the 20th doctoral cohort at Our Lady of the Lake University. I have until June 15 to accept or deny the acceptance. Four more years of school sounds daunting at the moment, but I think if I don't make an attempt I will regret it. I will certainly let you know what I decide. Dr. Sarah does sound nice.

The girl's recital was phenomenal. She was the best one on the stage. Both the kids never cease to amaze me.

Now, what could possibly go wrong with all this wonderful pomp and circumstance? Volcanic ash. As I type this I should be in the air, winging my way over the Atlantic. I guess it was not in the cards for Bec and I to get there as planned. We are sitting in hotel room, waiting until tomorrow when meteorologists think the ash will clear. It is the first time a global phenomenon has directly affected me. I have come to the conclusion that I am not a fan. The bright side is that I got my first Ireland phone call and got to hear a voice (an Irish voice) that I have only had the pleasure of emailing over the past 10 months. I also had my first Skype date with home and it was great. I think it is going to alleviate some of my apprehension of not seeing my family for a few weeks.

So, dear friends, this is where I am at. My hopes of uploading wonderful pictures and providing you with grand descriptions of Dublin and my first day there will have to wait. But, after 10 months of waiting one day is a piece of cake. But just in case--pray that ash clears as scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment