Monday, May 24

River Walk

I finally got to get our for a run yesterday evening. If you know me well enough, you know that I was going a little crazy not being able to get out and do that. Besides almost getting hit by a bus, it went pretty well. Bec was nice enough to scout a park that we could get fairly easily from the apartment. Another milestone? My first Guiness last night. I am ashamed to say that I prefer my light beer, but could I really be in Dublin without drinking one? And other than almost getting hit by a car on the way home, that went fairly well too. What made the evening super wonderful? My Syke date with Rob and the kids last night. It was about 7pm Texas time when I made the call and some of our good friends were over at the house! I was even able to have a drink with them. It could quite possibly have been the first international drinking and BS session ever. It was so great seeing all of them. And although the kids were not interested in talking with me much, it was good to know that they are properly distracted from mom being gone.

Once I was done with "business" for the day, Bec and I took a walk down the river. It was lovely and after all the heat, the breeze off the river was phenomenal. We tried to find Irish Sea, but were unable to locate it. Refer to my previous post if you are wondering how we could miss a sea. I did get some nice pictures along our walk which made it all worth it. I got a glimpse of some hills through all of the buildings during our walk. I was so excited as I have not seen "landscape" since we landed in Dublin. Tomorrow we have planned to meet some of the people we have met through the university and take a train south out of town. Sightseeing, pictures, and hiking will be in the agenda. Jealous? :)

Below are some of those pics from our walk.
Famine Memorial

Dead Minnow adorned some the sides of the river. Weird, but looked really neat.

How did we luck out with this weather?

I don't know much about this ship, but I intend to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment