Friday, June 4

Acclimating

Another successful day. I left the school at little after 3pm today and headed over to the Museum of Natural History. I walked right into the deafening sounds of children. They were everywhere. It was fabulous. The museum houses several different species of animals. They were magnificent. I can see how the kids were so entertained in there. You can't really appreciate the grandeur of those animals until you get up close and personal with them; their stuffed versions, of course. I have three words: Giant Irish Deer: amazing. Google it. Oh, and Fin Whale = Huge. Google that too. This will definitely be a stop when my Bug and Boop get here. I am not sure it will be on the agenda for RC as there is a large and impressive crustacean exhibit and I afraid it will just make him hungry and he will drag me to find a seafood restaurant. You know how much I LOVE seafood. With the kids, I am certain any ulterior motive Rob may have will be squelched by our willful and wonderful children.

I decided to take the long way back to the apartment. It was too gorgeous of a day to waste. I stopped by some shops on the way. Don't worry RC, my mantra of "be sensible, be sane" as I walked into the cute little shops worked--I made it back empty handed. I am saving it for when you get here. I was completely comfortable walking back and I realized that one of my fears may come true: that I will truly miss Dublin when it comes time to leave. I am getting acclimated to everything here and with my three dears coming in few weeks, it will only get better. The good news? I passed, like 12 McDonald's and didn't stop once.

So, tomorrow is Saturday--my first full day with an open itinerary. The first thing I'm going to treat myself to? A morning devoid of alarm clocks. I have not slept in once since I have gotten here. But, I do plan on getting out some tomorrow. There are things going on here and I am going to see what I can find. If I read correctly, there is a competitive swim going on in the Liffey tomorrow and I want to go see. Along with history, art, and architecture...I appreciate great athleticism.

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment