Monday, June 28

Robert, Day 1

I had no time to blog yesterday, but as you know Robert got in on schedule. So far it has been great. We just picked up where we left off. He is happy to relax in the apartment and doesn't feel the need to rush around everywhere yet, which has been nice. We walked around Dublin a little bit yesterday, we took a nap and then headed out again. We did our own version of the pub crawl tours and ended up at The Celt were locals were playing live music. We actually ran into one of the faculty members that was working at the school. He has been travelling around Europe the past few days and it was a surprise to run into him on his last night here. So we got to have a few drinks and hung out with two guys from Finland and one guy from Austria. One thing I thought I would never see is Robert shooting the Sh** with a guy from Finland in a pub in Dublin, Ireland. But, there are many things I thought I would never see here.

We moved into the two bedroom apartment today and I love it! It is great to have a change of scenery. Tom (I call him my apartment guy) picked us up and made the transfer just minutes ago. We are right next to St. Audeon's church and the Brazen Head--which is the oldest pub in Dublin and right in the heart of medieval Dublin. We are also a couple of blocks from the river, so my runs will resume undisturbed.

Tonight we go see Riverdance at the Gaiety Theatre. We are both really looking forward to that. I will tell you about it tomorrow. Until then......

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all are having a good time and I can certainly see Robert visiting around with everyone in a pub in Ireland. For that matter any pub anywhere. I am thinking of y'all! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete