Thursday, June 17

Did You Just Make a Plan to Make A Plan? Yes.

I made a waste of a perfectly beautiful day to come back to the apartment and take a nap. I think I have exhausted many sights on my "things to see" list. The remainder of attractions are reserved for Robert and then the kids. So, I've been resisting the urge to set off to some attractions such as the Guinness Storehouse, Christchruch, Dublin Castle, the zoo, Liffey River Cruises, etc. Oh, and I have yet to properly experience Dublin night life-- which will certainly be on the agenda. That and Robert subtly reminded me each time I use my debit card that it does indeed DEBIT the account. Sometimes it is easy to make yourself believe that those little cards get money from nowhere, but alas, the funds do come from an account that can fall into the red if I allow it. No worries, Mom-- I still have plenty to survive.

An exciting development? Robert and I are going to fly over to Scotland for a couple of days once he arrives. Our passport expires in eight years we might as well stamp it a few more times and get our money's worth. We considered Madrid, Paris, or Lisbon but Edinburgh made the most financial sense. That and it will still be brilliant. We will be flying in on the morning the kids and Robert's parents will be getting here. I just hope our plane won't be delayed. We will fly in about 30 minutes after they land. If they can sit tight for a few minutes, use the potty and get a snack we should cruise through customs fairly quickly (cross your fingers). I will make plans if we are delayed. I like to fly by the seat of my pants as long as I plan for it. :)

Tonight I will retire early. I need to pick up a student who arrives in the morning. Therefore, my run will have to be a wee bit earlier than usual. And yes, I will be going to pick her up alone as Colum will be in teaching a class. I know--is there no end to his super powers? I don't even think Kryptonite can stop him. He has even entrusted me with the duty of showing her around the area of her accommodations. Great, under pressure I still can get turned around. But if there is one thing I AM good at--it's faking it. Wish me luck.

The girl lost two teeth the last few days. I cannot believe I missed that. So to recap? Both my dears learned to ride a two-wheeler bike, the girl lost her first two teeth, and neither of them have felt it was necessary to talk with me. Like I said: their health, safety, and happiness are all I can ask for. They are unbelievable independent and wonderful. And my wonderful sister and brother-in-law are to thank for their being distracted by fun. Sending my love......

2 comments:

  1. I hope the tooth fairy got to your girl! Glad they are both doing so well. Scotland Wow!!!! Sounds great! I would love to fly over! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on then! The flights to Scotland from here are 24 euro round trip, we could not NOT go! Yes, the tooth fairly found her and little do they both know the Irish tooth fairly will visit them both when they get here, I have a cabinet full of stuff.

    ReplyDelete