Thursday, June 3

Contemplating.....

Well, I didn't go see anything cool today, to be honest I want to finish a movie I rented from iTunes before it expires. I know, lame. I am wasting a beautifully spectacular day, but I am not loosing that $3.99. So I briskly walked home to get here so I had plenty of time.

Dublin seems to get busier on Thursday afternoon with all the people coming in for the weekend. This weekend will be especially busy since Monday is a bank holiday and it is a three day weekend. There is a Maritime Festival going on as well-- many tents and exhibits are starting to spring up up and down the river. As I walked home, I thought it would be really nice to have one of people that liked me here to spend it with. I was contemplating the fact that it is hard for me to make new friends. I think I am like that animal at the zoo--you know, the one that seems alright and you think it might do something really cool if you just sit and wait long enough, but instead move on down to the cuddly koala bear exhibit, because that is way easier. Or if you have seen the movie I Love You, Man when Peter is standing around with this group of guys that are clearly close friends, they all work out at the same place and Peter sees them often; they are friendly acquaintances. The group explains how the are going on this awesome camping trip together for the weekend. Peter is like, '\hey, that sounds great' and they are like, 'oh, well we would have invited you, but.....' and Peter has to come up with some lame excuse how he was busy anyway. I'm Peter. Not to worry, I was not saddened by this prospect, in my three decades on this earth I have grown quite accustomed to my quirks and I am at peace with them; I might even go as far as to say that I like them.

I passed a guy on the way home and he smelled of cologne and cigarettes and it reminded me of Robert and how much I love those smells intertwined because it does remind of him. In a few short days he will be here and we can spend the week walking around Dublin, visiting museums and eating a adorable sidewalk cafes. Even though I am at peace with solitude, everything is more comfortable with him around.

My plan for tomorrow? To visit the National Museum when I leave the school. Yesterday the gallery, tomorrow the museum. Saturday, I think it will be the Museum of Natural History that has just opened back up after a long hiatus; then perhaps I will take a walk around that festival......

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah--I think you made a good choice in finishing the movie!! I genuinely look forward to your post each day. You are very entertaining and QUITE a good writer!!
    I am thinking there are lots of people there who would love to be your friend---I am quite sure that when they got to know you that they would be sorry you didn't meet sooner! I would guess that Robert will never have looked sooo good to anyone as he will to you when he arrives!!! You'll be the ultimate tour guide and probably won't ever get lost!!! Your insight is incredible---hang on to your sense of humor---it is wonderful and quite refreshing!!! Whether I comment or not---rest assured, I am reading every word---and loving it!!! Stay safe, well, and happy!!! Blessings to you, Sharon

    ReplyDelete