Tuesday, June 22

Weary Today

Biggest event of the day: I got a hour long run in on an entirely new route. The sun rises before 5am, so I  woke up around that time. I attempted to lie there until it was NOT an insane hour to get up, but I rolled out of bed about 5:30am; so there was nothing left to do other than hit the pavement. I ran, cleaned up the apartment, did dishes, took out the trash--all before 8:15am. And I wonder why I am exhausted at the end of each day.

It had been awhile since I had lunch outside at Merrion Square and since it was abnormally warm, bordering on hot today, I headed over there for lunch. To my surprise there was a band playing, you know with woodwinds and brass. I got to read, have lunch, and hear a band play with what has been my only recurrent lunch date in Dublin, the sunshine. So all in all, not a bad day. I recorded some of the music on my camera, but to my dismay, I am unable to post a viewable version of it for you. They played the music that was used as the opening credits for the first Austin Powers movie too! I will play around with it and see if I can get it on for you soon.

I did not visit anything glorious today, although I did drop into a bookstore. Bookstores always entertain me for awhile. I am growing weary of meandering around Dublin alone. Over a month without having dinner with people, a drink with friends, girl talk or taking in a movie with someone is a long time. And although I am excited about seeing Connemara and Galway Bay on Saturday, I am eager to get Robert here. I would happily forgo the next few days if it meant I could get my companion here earlier. Patience is suppose to be a virtue, right?   No worries, I will surivive. I get to be in Ireland on a down-time day.

If anyone is reading this, I would love to hear what is going on at home. I miss the states today.

5 comments:

  1. I know you will survive. Think how far you have come since that great row boat trip across the Rio Grande and savor every minute. Robert will be there soon and you will make memories that you will talk about the rest of your lives. The heat is going on here. Summer has arrived. I had a really nice visit with Papa on Sunday. Early church and Sunday School and then on to one of his favorite cafeterias on the south side of San Antonio. We wrote notes to each other in church. It was like old times. Thankful I went. It was a wonderful Father's Day. Take care and I will get back to you tomorrow. So glad you called - made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mom. Love you too. Glad you had a good father's day. I know it is difficult not having him be the same. I FB Dad, but no response, but Robert had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah ... I am reading your comments and getting visceral pleasure ... almost like being in Ireland myself. I knkow what you mean about traveling alone ... sometimes it is difficult but the good thing is that it forces me to do things and interact with people that I normally would not do if I were traveling with a companion. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate that, Perry. It certainly has forced me to do things I normally wouldn't. And I am grateful for the experience! I would have never known I had it in me otherwise. I am so excited for everyone to get here. I hope I that I have some great stories for everyone soon. I really do appreciate the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete