Sunday, June 6

Rain in Ireland?

Today was my first dose of real Irish weather--wet. Being an astute preparer much of the time, all I had to do was bust out the rain jacket, throw up the hood and I was fine. Under normal circumstances I would probably be bitching and moaning, but surprisingly, it didn't bother me. I even allowed for my pants to drag in the puddles, seriously--what could I do? It was an early day at the airport so that we could make sure the study abroad kids got to their accommodations safely. This bunch is a confident one. I think they are going to adjust to Ireland just fine. I wonder if they really know how great they have it. By the end of the afternoon together, they were itching to hit the pubs. I have been their age once and I hope they do not spend most their time here plagued with a hang-over. I know that my universe, fate, and God (you know, the ones that give me sunshine and give signs to buy fabulous bracelets) knew me all to well, so I was granted years and some wisdom before I could travel. Even though, I do still appreciate good friends and a cold beer.

Tomorrow is chore day for me. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, you know--real fun. I need to write some letters and work on my intern journal. So, I may have to skip a day of offering my pearls of wisdom. We shall see. But rest assured that I will touch base with you on Tuesday if tomorrow shows to be unproductive.  Tráthnóna (which means good evening in Irish if Google is correct).

No comments:

Post a Comment